The Department is headed by Controller of Finance consisting of Bills Section, Pension Section, Provident Fund Section and Cash Section.
Primary functions of Accounts Department:-
- Preparation of Annual Budget.
- Release of allotments to Departments.
- Processing of all claims of Departments.
- Submission of Utilisation Certificates.
- Preparation of and submission of Annual Accounts.
- All issues relating to the Statutory Dues.
- Sanctioning of Pension to Municipal employees.
- Payment of retirement benefits.
- Liaison with Government Departments regarding financial matter.
Back office work to support the Corporation’s activities.